So you have a lot of things on your to-do list. You have dishes to wash, a house to clean, and a paper or report to make. As if that’s not enough, your tummy is growling, so you must prepare a meal that’s easy to make.
We’ve all been in this situation. But do you know who the masters of managing their mile-long to-do lists are? College students!
So if you’re looking for a quick yet satisfying meal, you can take a cue from them and prepare their ultimate lifesaving meal—ramen noodles.
It’s cheap, fast, and yummy. But more than that, it’s versatile!
So, what to do with ramen noodles? There’s a lot!
Check out the best ramen noodle recipes we’ve compiled below.
- What To Do With Ramen Noodles? (17 Recipes That Go Beyond Soup)
- 1. Shoyu Ramen – The Classic Option
- 2. Creamy Chicken Ramen Soup – The Classic Made Creamy
- 3. TanTanmen- Milky + Spicy
- 4. TikTok Ramen- The Viral Ramen Recipe
- 5. Hiyashi Chuka- Light and Refreshing
- 6. Birria Ramen- Ramen with a Side of Mexican
- 7. Honey Sesame Ramen Salad- with an Asian Flair
- 8. Faux Pho- Quick and Comforting
- 9. Dan Dan Noodles- East Meets West
- 10. Ramen Carbonara- One-Pan Pasta Dish
- 11. Rabokki – A Trip to Korea
- 12. Ramen Pizza – Two Comfort Foods Rolled into One
- 13. Mongolian Beef Ramen – Your Favorite American Chinese Takeout
- 14. Ramen Corn Chowder – Chowder with a Twist!
- 15. Ramen Sliders – Noodle and Burger in One Bite
- 16. Shrimp and Guacamole Ramen Noodle Bowl – Spring-ready Ramen Dish
- 17. White Chocolate Ramen Bark – A Unique Dessert
What are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
What To Do With Ramen Noodles? (17 Recipes That Go Beyond Soup)
If your ramen knowledge is limited to just soups, it’s time to expand your cooking arsenal with these amazing ramen noodle recipes.
1. Shoyu Ramen – The Classic Option
Of course, we need to include this classic ramen recipe. After all, who can say no to a comforting and extremely satisfying soy-based soup topped with perfectly cooked ramen noodles and umami-rich soft-boiled eggs?
Oh, and let’s not forget the tender and flavorful braised pork belly, which is the show’s star!
This homemade ramen recipe is tedious and elaborate, but rest assured—it’s worth it!
2. Creamy Chicken Ramen Soup – The Classic Made Creamy
If you’re in the mood for something creamier than shoyu ramen, this creamy chicken ramen soup is the one to try.
Aside from its creamy texture, its burst of flavors will undoubtedly hit the spot.
It has the rich creaminess of coconut milk, spiciness from curry powder, and the savory deliciousness from ramen noodles—what more can you ask for?
- Pro Tip: Squeeze in lime for that surprising burst of citrus flavor you’ll love.
3. TanTanmen– Milky + Spicy
For those who love both creamy and spicy, this Tantanmen recipe will give you the heat you need.
Of course, its main highlight is its milky and spicy broth, which is made of sesame paste, chili oil, soy milk, and soy sauce.
- Pro Tip: You can even turn the heat to the next level by adding Sriracha.
4. TikTok Ramen– The Viral Ramen Recipe
If you haven’t tried this viral ramen recipe, then it’s about time you do so!
Don’t be intimidated because it’s ramen noodles stir-fried in butter, seasoned with soy sauce, and topped with garlic and butter.
But even though it seems simple, it’s packed with a lot of flavor—sweet, sauce, and filled with umami.
The best part is you customize it according to your taste and preference. You can top it off with proteins (chicken, tofu, or beef) and vegetables (peas, bell pepper, and many more).
5. Hiyashi Chuka– Light and Refreshing
You’ve met ramen noodles in hot and comforting broths, but have you ever tried a cold ramen recipe? If not, this Hiyashi Chuka recipe will surely blow your mind.
It’s a Japanese chilled ramen noodle topped with different types of meat and seafood (crab meat, ham, chicken, and egg) or sliced vegetables (bean sprouts, cucumber, lettuce, and tomatoes).
That’s not all. You can pour two types of sauce over it—the simple soy sauce vinaigrette and the flavorful and refreshing sesame sauce.
6. Birria Ramen– Ramen with a Side of Mexican
Birria tacos have been everywhere, and it has invaded the ramen scene too! This Birria Ramen recipe is a mashup between your favorite ramen and the sought-after birria tacos.
It’s a breath of fresh air from the usual ramen recipe because it uses birria’s consommé as the broth. The consommé is then packed with ramen noodles, meat chunks, cabbage, onions, jalapeños, and birria ramen egg.
With the hot ramen broth and the heat of the Birria flavor, this is the perfect ramen recipe to get your spicy kick.
7. Honey Sesame Ramen Salad– with an Asian Flair
Step away from the hot ramen soup and into the light and refreshing world of ramen salad.
This one features a honey sesame dressing packed with vibrant, zesty, and bold flavors.
But wait, there’s more. It’s topped with colorful and crisp vegetables like cabbage, bell pepper, lettuce, and cucumber.
All these great ingredients will give you that healthy deliciousness you can’t find in any other ramen recipe.
8. Faux Pho– Quick and Comforting
Do you want to satisfy your Pho cravings in the quickest and easiest way possible? Then, using ramen noodles is the secret solution!
To make this, you need instant ramen noodles and a few condiments and spices you will likely already have in your pantry.
Do you know what the best part is? This recipe will just take 5 minutes to make!
9. Dan Dan Noodles– East Meets West
Dan Dan Noodles are a famous noodle soup in Chinese Sichuan cuisine. But since this one has a Western touch, it’s saucier than soupier.
Just a heads up, a lot of work must be done to pull this ramen noodle recipe. First, you must create the chili oil, meat mixture, and sauce separately.
But give it a try because we promise you’ll be glad you did!
10. Ramen Carbonara– One-Pan Pasta Dish
Carbonara seems like a complicated dish to make, but you can whip it up with ramen noodles and 4 other delicious ingredients. These include pancetta, parmesan cheese, egg yolks, and olive oil.
Did we mention that you can make this 5-ingredient Italian ramen dish in just one pan?
- Pro Tip: If you don’t have pancetta at home, you can use bacon bits or slices instead.
11. Rabokki – A Trip to Korea
If you haven’t been to Korea yet, this Rabokki recipe will bring you to its bustling streets.
Rabokki is an upgraded version of the famous Korean street food called Tteokbokki. The only difference between the two is it has instant ramen noodles, which gives it that much more filling factor.
But if we’re going to be honest, the spicy sauce takes the cake in this dish. It’s got its spicy kick from the gochugaru and gochujang and the umami flavor from kombu and anchovies.
12. Ramen Pizza – Two Comfort Foods Rolled into One
Can’t you choose between ramen and pizza? This recipe will give you both!
The recipe got its inspiration from a Japanese savory pancake called okonomiyaki. (*) Instead of the crispy cabbage base, this recipe features crunchy flattened ramen as the crust for all the fantastic toppings.
- Here’s the fun part: Instead of the usual pizza toppings, you get all the sweet, salty, and umami-filled toppings of ramen.
13. Mongolian Beef Ramen – Your Favorite American Chinese Takeout
If you want a filling and satisfying ramen recipe, this Mongolian Beef ramen recipe is the dish to make.
This is a stir-fry recipe with flank steak toppings, which will satisfy your meaty cravings.
Two elements stand out in this recipe. First is the crispy, caramelized, tender steak topping (thanks, cornstarch!). Second is the thick sweet, savory sauce that makes it quite addictive.
14. Ramen Corn Chowder – Chowder with a Twist!
Have you tried chowder with noodles? If not, this is your chance to do so!
The creamy corn chowder is made more filling with ramen noodles. The best part is it’s loaded with bacon bits and shredded cheese, making it extra savory and flavorful.
15. Ramen Sliders – Noodle and Burger in One Bite
You’ve seen Ramen pizza, but do you know that there’s also Ramen burger? Yes, that’s right!
This Ramen slider has crispy ramen as its buns! Between the ramen, buns are thick and juicy burger patties and small sunny-side-up eggs.
If you think ramen buns are the best part, think again. What makes this recipe stand out is its kimchi topping which adds an entirely new flavor.
16. Shrimp and Guacamole Ramen Noodle Bowl – Spring-ready Ramen Dish
Winter season is all about comfort foods, but that doesn’t mean we have to leave it all behind come spring.
If there’s one comforting dish you should bring into the spring season, it should be this shrimp and guacamole noodle bowl.
With the creole shrimp and creamy and citrusy guacamole, you get a spicy, zesty, and rich dish to usher in the spring season.
17. White Chocolate Ramen Bark – A Unique Dessert
If you think you’ve seen all ramen recipes imaginable, you need to think twice because we’re just about to introduce a ramen dessert recipe that’ll blow your mind—white chocolate ramen bark.
The baked crushed ramen serves as the bark for the white chocolate drizzle in this recipe. In just one bite, you get sweet, salty, and crunchy!