Ginger beer offers a delightful and fun flavor all on its own. So imagine what is possible when you mix it with other fantastic ingredients. We know just how amazing ginger beer mixes when added to the right recipes. That is exactly why we decided to share our 30 favorite ginger beer cocktail recipes with you today.
Whether you are looking for something for an adult night out that will help take off the edge. Or something that doesn’t require any alcohol at all, we’ve got you covered. Now, take a look at this great list full of ways to mix ginger beer for every occasion and event.
What Types of recipes will you find?
- Whiskey cocktails
- Vodka cocktails
- Champaign cocktails
- Rum Cocktails
- Tequila Cocktails
- Nonalcohol Fresh Fruit Cocktails
- Nonalcohol Honey Cocktails
- Nonalchohl Soda Cocktails
- Sugar Free Cocktails
- Should You Use Ginger Beer For Mixed Drinks?
- 15 Fabulous Ginger Beer Alcohol Cocktail Recipes
- 15 Ginger Beer Nonalchohol Cocktail Recipes
- Sugar Free Ginger Beer Recipes
Should You Use Ginger Beer For Mixed Drinks?
Ginger beer is a great beverage for mixed cocktails. This product offers a bold, crisp flavor. It is a sweet, tangy drink with a warm, zesty aroma and aftertaste. (*)
Although ginger beer is delicious, it is sometimes an acquired taste alone. It can also be a fantastic adult beverage when mixed with various ingredients.
If you want a yummy cocktail with ginger beer added to the mix, then you need to check our list below. Here we will dig deep into the details of what you can mix ginger beer with to make a delicious cocktail.
Everything goes when mixing ginger beer, from wine to vodka, fresh fruit, and herbs. It just depends on your preferred tastes.
Learn more: What Does Ginger Beer Taste Like?
15 Fabulous Ginger Beer Alcohol Cocktail Recipes
Mix any alcoholic drink with ginger beer and other ingredients for delectable cocktails anyone will love. What you use is totally up to you and should be based on your favorite flavors.
Whether you are into hard liquor or are more of a spirit type, there is a cocktail for you.
Ginger Beer Whiskey Cocktail Recipes
You can go simple, only using a few ingredients in your recipe. Or, you can choose something a little more challenging to impress your guests.
Here are a few different options to try when combining whiskey and ginger beer.
- Apple Ginger Whiskey– This recipe combines the delicious flavors of sweet apple cider and spicy ginger beer. Great for cool gatherings around a bonfire during the fall. All you need is ginger beer, apple cider, and your favorite bourbon brand.
- Irish Mule– This drink is similar to the OG, Moscow Mule. But you mix Irish whiskey, ginger beer, and some fresh lime juice in this drink. Celebrate St. Patricks Day with this very fitting concoction.
- Ginger Peach– If you are looking for a whiskey cocktail perfect for the summer, here it is. The ginger peach cocktail is a mix of a variety of ingredients. Combine lemon juice, fresh peaches, mint, ginger beer, and whiskey over ice. This provides a unique and tasty balance between spicy and sweet flavors.
Ginger Beer Vodka Cocktail Recipes
Vodka is a flexible and invigorating liquid that blends well in many mixed drinks. Mixing it with ginger beer and other ingredients is ideal for all types of events. Take a look at these great recipes and try one at your next get together.
- Moscow Mule- This mule is made from vodka, not whiskey, and is the traditional style. All you need is vodka, your spicey ginger beer, and a little lime zest and mint.
- Blood Orange Cocktail- Adding a splash of ginger beer to a traditional blood orange cocktail is a game changer. Mix blood orange juice, blood orange vodka, lime juice, and ginger beer to create this collaboration of flavors.
- Ginger Cranberry Cocktail– Want something exciting for the holidays? Combine ginger beer, cranberry juice, and frozen vodka in a glass. A lime wedge and some club soda can add an extra kick.
Ginger Beer Champaign or Wine Cocktail Recipes
You don’t need hard liquor for delicious ginger beer recipes. You can try champagne or wine cocktails too. Here are a few great drinks we found that you might just like.
- Wine and Ginger Beer Sangria- Add white wine to your ginger beer. Then combine it with orange, lemon, and lime juice. Lastly, add some ginger simple syrup for a fantastic treat. This is delish and can be great for bridal showers or work parties.
- The Oscar- Yep, this is a fancy one, or it sounds like it, at least. Actually, this recipe is extremely simple. Mix chilled ginger beer with your favorite champagne. That’s all, folks. It is a popular option for weddings and other high-end events.
- Raspberry Ginger Cocktail- This fun fruity cocktail offers a sweet treat for hot and humid days. Mix together raspberry puree, ginger beer, fresh raspberries, and lime with your favorite champagne.
Ginger Beer Rum Cocktail Recipes
Rum is highly recommended for mixing with ginger beer. Rum provides the same sweet, spicy combo as ginger beer. These two beverages complement one another well. Mixing them with the right ingredients can create some of the best flavor combos out there.
Here are a few we really enjoy. Take a look.
- Dark and Stormy- This will always pop up first if you research ginger beer/rum mixes. It is a simple combination of the two drinks, only needing ice to complete it. Top it off with a lime wedge for a zesty adult beverage.
- Fiery Ginger Mojito- Combine spiced ginger beer with white rum. Then add a leaf of mint and a splash of lemon juice. This refreshing drink is ideal for all types of occasions. Add it to a birthday celebration or a simple outing with friends.
- Pineapple, Ginger Beer Punch- Looking for a tangy, citrusy treat while having some fun in the sun? Mix rum and ginger beer together with orange, lime, and pineapple juice. Pour the beverage over ice for a sweet yet zesty dessert.
Ginger Beer Tequila Cocktail Recipes
Who doesn’t love a little tequila in their mixed drinks? This party favorite is as exciting as it is tasty. And it can add a flavorful explosion to your ginger beer cocktails if you play your cards right.
Take a look at these recipes and try them out next time you have some tequila lying around.
- Mexican Tequila Mule- Yeah, there is a Mule for everything. This one combines the bold ginger flavor with the earthy, peppery, citrus tequila tang. Add a lime wedge to your glass and pour the combo over some ice. Then prepare for that infamous burn.
- Ginger Beer Paloma– Are you seeking a vibrant, citrusy, pink cocktail for your next girl’s night out? Get creative and combine tequila with ginger beer, grapefruit and lime juice, and agave syrup. Stir this concoction up, and poor serve it “on the rocks.” Your friends will be thankful.
- Ginger Beer Margarita- If your cocktail includes tequila, you must make a margarita. Why not add the delicious spice of rich ginger beer for a bit of fun? Mix agave tequila, ginger beer, simple syrup, and lime juice. It is a flavorful combination your tastebuds will love.
Learn more: What alcohol goes with ginger beer?
15 Ginger Beer Nonalchohol Cocktail Recipes
Ginger Beer cocktails don’t have to be secluded to just the alcohol drinkers. You can make nonalcohol options as well for the entire family.
Take a look at our long list of nonalcohol cocktail recipes. Do you see any that you like? If so, why not try them at the next family get together? You can mix them up for a holiday party or for a backyard BBQ.
No matter where you plan to take these drinks, ensure you have plenty to go around. People will be coming back for seconds.
Fresh Fruit Ginger Beer Cocktails Recipes
There is so much you can do with fresh fruit. They are a great ingredient whether you juice, zest, squeeze, or chop them. Fresh fruit can provide a subtly sweet flavor to a spicey, bold ginger drink.
- Nonalcohol Moscow Mule– Everyone can enjoy a Moscow mule. Simple swap the liquor for club soda. Then add a little simple syrup and fresh lime juice. You can also add some mint leaves for extra flavor. This is perfect for the holidays or even warm summer nights.
- Nonalcohol Hibiscus Punch– Swap the sparkling wine for sparkling mineral water and mix it with ginger beer. Then add sugar, thin sliced ginger root, and dried hibiscus blossoms. This is a colorful beverage to add some pizazz to your next party.
- Strawberry Mocktail Mule- Add a sweeter edge to your Moscow mule. Follow the first recipe but add in some strawberry puree. If you want to make it a little more fun, pour the mix over some shredded ice. Talk about a delicious frozen treat.
- Ginger Beer and Blueberries- Create a unique combo with fresh sweet berries and ginger spice. Combine your ginger beer with lime juice, honey, fresh mint, and blueberries. You are going to love the look and taste of this drink. We guarantee it.
Honey Ginger Beer Cocktail Recipes
Mixing ginger beer with honey is mouth watering and actually good for you. This is a great probiotic many go to for gut health. Both ingredients, in natural form, are full of antioxidants and other medicinal benefits.
Drink these cocktails when you are feeling ill. Or drink them for the delightful flavor. It doesn’t matter why you are drinking them. Just make sure you choose the best mix for your tastebuds.
- Honey Sweetened Ginger Beer– The simple combination is raw honey, gingerbeer, and a little lemon juice. Mix these ingredients together to get a subtly sweet and bubbly drink.
- Honey and Berries Ginger Beer- This is pretty self explanatory and easy to do. Simply mix raw honey with ginger beer, then toss in your favorite fresh berries. You can experiment with this option. Change up your ingredients as the seasons change using seasonal fruits.
- Orange Ginger and Honey- This is a yummy spin on a breakfast favorite. Instead of straight orange juice with your pancakes, enjoy an epic cocktail. Mix ginger beer, fresh orange juice, lemon juice, and honey. This is a popular drink and for a good reason.
- Matcha and Honey Ginger Beer- Try this bright green, earthy, and refreshing cocktail. It combines matcha tea, ginger beer, and a touch of honey. If you really want to mix things up, top it off with a small scoop of ice cream.
Ginger Beer and Soda Cocktail Recipes
Ginger beer is similar to ginger ale but not as sweet. You can mix ginger beer with sodas for a fun drink with a unique flavor profile.
If you are looking for good ideas for kids. Consider pouring these mixes into ice cube trays or turning them into popsicles.
- Ginger Beer and Sprite- Mix your ginger beer with equal parts Sprite. Through in some fresh raspberries for a fruity sweet treat.
- Ginger Beer and Mountain Dew-Maybe this one is more for teens and adults. Nonetheless, it is a great mix. Mountain Dew already offers a nice refreshing citrus burst. Adding ginger beer to the beverage gives it a unique yet satisfying spicy tang.
- Ginger Beer and Coca Cola- Ginger beer mixed with coca cola provides the perfect balance of sweet and spicey. The cola tames the ginger’s bite and offers a delightful concoction you wouldn’t think possible.
Sugar Free Ginger Beer Recipes
Yes, even those who are looking for sugar free drinks can enjoy ginger beer cocktails. There are many amazing options out there; you just have to get crafty.
Here are a few of our favorite ginger beer drinks anyone can enjoy.
- Slim Mule– We told you there is a mule for everything. This one is for sugar free seekers. All you need is a touch of vodka, sugar free ginger beer, St. Germain, and some lemon juice.
- Grapefruit Mocktail- You are going to love this citrusy pink drink. It is sugar free but naturally sweet. All you need is ginger juice, pure pink grapefruit juice, and sugar free ginger beer.
- Bermuda Pearl Lite– This recipe is a great take on the traditional Bermuda Pearl cocktail. Instead of the original ginger beer, swap it out for Barrit’s sugar free product.
- Ginger Tea- Mix sugar free ginger beer with your favorite homemade tea. Add ingredients like mint leaves, honey, or fresh fruit for a fun and flavorful drink.
Learn more: What to mix with ginger beer non alcoholic?